if the value is larger than 127, subtract 256 (this is akin to treating the u8 as a s8)
- If the OFDM flag is set:
treat rssi as an s8 instead of u8 (if > 127 subtract 256)
- if the 2050 radio RSSI adjustment flag is set, add 17, otherwise subtract 4
- if the OFDM flag is not set:
if the BFL_RSSI is set in BoardFlags
- subtract the value from 31, multiply the result by -149.
- Divide that by 128 then subtract 68 from the result.
- if the PHY is not a G PHY, return the value, otherwise add 20 if the RSSI adjustment flag is set.
- depending on the LNA gain:
- if it is 0, add 2
- if it is 1, subtract 19
- if it is 2, subtract 13
- if it is 3, subtract 25
- add 25
Others (only 2053 afaik)
- subtract 11 from the rssi value and multiply the result by 103.
- this is a value in Qx.6, so divide by 64 to get a good value
- if the 2053 radio RSSI adjustment flag is set subtract 109, otherwise subtract 83